Wednesday, July 25, 2012

wednesday



Tonight my mind kept wandering to a dear friend of mine. I kept thinking of everything that she was going through and how I hated not being there to support her through it all. You know how it goes... We both get busy, come back to each other, get busy again. Regardless we have seen each other through many hard nights that come with becoming a woman, from heartbreaks to prayers, so I couldn't help but want to lift her spirits a little bit. So instead of a text or call I just picked up a pen a wrote her a letter. Nothing too long, a simple quote to let her know someone was praying for her. The quote said : "It is only against the pitch blackness of the night that we see the glory of the stars. And it is only against the pitch blackness of man's radical depravity that we begin to see the glories of the gospel." Isn't that the wonderful thing about friendships between us women? We love, without question. Or atleast try to and I truly believe that's our calling. To heal a heart. To spread kindness into this somewhat jaded world that we live in.
I've been thinking a lot about friendships lately. Being especially careful to invest love and time in those women who are my biggest cheerleaders, truly nurturing young ladies. I've spent countless priceless years in some friendships that I've realized haven't been good for me. (I can see Chelsey nodding in approval as she reads this.) I've wanted to believe that those investments would pay off in either a kind word or some other way that didn't leave me so drained, but that hasn't been the case. I've decided to only tend to friendships that have been meaningful to me in every way. I don't mean this in a ugly, mean way by saying there's some sort of score kept in such relationships but at the same time there is this unspoken gift of presence and kindness without which any relationship will wilt. I prayed a lot about this decision because it's hard for me to let go of people no matter how badly they treat me, so it's great to have some clarity in this area.
Time is precious folks, lets make sure we are spending it doing the right things with right people.

In joy as always,
Nisha

0 comments:

Post a Comment